Need assistance getting a cannabis business license? Schedule a Free Consultation
NY Cannabis Insider Live, presented by New York Medical Cannabis Industry Association, will hold a professional cannabis industry half-day conference from 1:00–6:00 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 23 at the Rail Line in Syracuse. A networking and cocktail reception will follow. A very limited number of tickets are still available to purchase.
Join cannabis business owners and other industry professionals for an afternoon of actionable industry insights discussed by thought leaders. There will be an abundance of networking time to connect with others working in the cannabis space. View the complete list of panel speakers and topics here.
The schedule has been set for the half-day event on Sept. 23. Attendees can expect to hear lively and informative conversations around the following topics:
· Must-haves: Hiring, banking, insurance and security: Experts will discuss the key ingredients to planning a successful cannabis business: Hiring for a culture of compliance, navigating banking and insurance in an industry that can’t easily access those services, and planning for security beyond just cameras and alarms.
· Understanding upstream: Cultivators, processors and labs: This session will focus on the beginning of the supply chain: How do you start a grow, processing or lab operation? What does this “upstream” landscape look like today, what are the biggest problems affecting these operations, and how does that bode for the future of NY’s cannabis marketplace?
· Where’s the help? Free to low-cost resources for cannabis entrepreneurs: Starting a new business can be an expensive undertaking, but there are tons of people and organizations you can approach for free to low-cost help – if you can just find them. Panelists will talk about these opportunities in NY and give expert advice on keeping your startup costs as low as possible.
NY Cannabis Insider has curated top New York State industry professionals to speak on these topics:
- Elizabeth Ely of Dutchie
- Mike Golden of The Higher Calling
- Mack Hueber of Beak & Skiff
- Shawn Kassner of Kaycha Labs
- Aaron Leentjes of UNIFI Gardens
- Scheril Murray Powell of The JUSTÜS Foundation
- Dave Myers of Cannaspire
- Katie Neer of Lantern
- Cecilia Walsh of NYS Dept. of Labor
Space is limited and tickets are expected to sell out soon. Click here for more details and to purchase tickets.
NY Cannabis Insider Live events are attended by industry professionals, lobbyists and entrepreneurs looking to start their own cannabis business, as well as those from cannabis-adjacent businesses such as legal, security, retail, banking, finance, construction, engineering, business consultation and medical expertise.
New York Cannabis Insider Live: Event Sponsors and Vendors
Sponsors and partners for NY Cannabis Insider Live events are the businesses shaping the industry locally and regionally. Look for them at the event for advice and help with your cannabis business.
· New York Medical Cannabis Industry Association, the meetup’s presenting sponsor, has a mission to protect and serve the patients in New York’s medical cannabis program while working collaboratively to establish a responsible, inclusive, and competitive adult-use cannabis program.
· Cannaspire provides the products, services, and consulting that business owners need to succeed in the cannabis industry, from application to expansion.
· Syracuse University College of Professional Studies is a global, inclusive and future-facing college, providing access to diverse students and learners seeking a Syracuse University degree, credential, certificate or education experience from anywhere in the world.
· Cannabis Workforce Initiative is a collaboration between the New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University and the Workforce Development Institute. Its mission is to promote and support social equity in the adult-use cannabis market by providing quality workforce development and legal education.
· LakeHouse Cannabis wants to end the complicated societal stigma and make cannabis accessible by offering an elevated casual experience as an adult-use retail dispensary.
· Chimera Integrations offers scalable, future-proof security & IoT solutions that are customized to meet the unique needs of each level of the cannabis supply chain, from cultivation, to processing, to distribution, and retail.
· NYSIF has a mission is to guarantee the availability of workers’ compensation and disability insurance with the lowest possible cost to New York employers while maintaining a solvent fund.
· LaToya Monique LLC is a NYS licensed cannabis retailer, health professional and LifeSpan Doula.
· Married Iguana Media creates content for all your cannabis branding needs
· Cova: easy-to-use compliant cannabis software that streamlines dispensary management.
· Dutchie: order cannabis online from the best dispensaries near you.
As entrepreneurs and cannabis professionals are preparing to move forward in the billion-dollar legal weed industry, NY Cannabis Insider Live events allow participants to learn about regulations, make connections, establish teams and foundations, and prepare business plans.